DITS works creatively to promote and carry out application-oriented research in the field of signal acquisition, analysis and information processing. Recognized methodological standards are used to investigate fundamental questions in their causes and contexts and to transfer research results to applications:
- setting up a collection of relevant information
- publication of dedicated papers
- organization of scientific conferences
- creation of innovative projects for the development of prototypes and pilot series
- preparation of studies and reports.
Financing is provided by the use of sponsorships and project funding from the public sector, donations and membership fees.
Bundling of resources achieves an enormous punch-through force. This is when you hit a nail into the wall and also if you want to tackle particularly critical and important problems.
DITS concentrates the activities in a solution-oriented manner to meet the interests of the stakeholders by utilizing possibilities and competences of research and science in the following security relevant applications:
- protection of values, objects and infrastructure
- support for civil protection and rescue organizations
- early detection of dangerous situations and threats
- prevention of crime.
Less is more - DITS promotes research in the service of security
Links and downloads
- DITS brochure [pdf]
- DITS Übersichtsbroschüre [pdf]
- Wiki: Sicherheitsforschung
- BMBF: Sicherheitsforschung
- Bundesregierung: Rahmenprogramm zur zivilen Sicherheitsforschung
- Europa: Förderung von Sicherheitsforschung
- BMI Forschung für Ihre Sicherheit